Friday 1 June 2012

My "Drowning" Experience.




Yes, the topic that I write above will be discussed here :) It is based on my true experience. Okay, let's start now. In 2007, I almost "drowned" while swimming in the ocean at Pulau Pangkor in Perak. It was late in the evening and the gentle waves were churning the sand and water into a fuzzy white mix. The water receded back into the ocean as quickly as it arrived. The sea was a little rough for a little tike like me, but hey ! I am fifteen years old and going on sixteen, I wasn't afraid of the water. Minutes later, I would be fighting for my life. I had the whole beach to myself. I threw my mini surfboard into the receding water, running after it while trying to jump onto the board to slide into the waves. It was fun, until a wave larger then I was, picked me up, and dragged me into the sea. I don't know what is the reason why the waves is so "rough" on that day. Well, as a teenagers, I like to try something new. Hehehe. I want to try ,my mini surfboard that my father bought for me. So, I'll try it at the ocean there :)


But, on that day,it was my bad day actually. I almost "drowned". No matter how hard I swam toward the shore, the current just pulled me further out to sea. To me, the most terrifying part of drowning was treading water and fighting to stay afloat, and not swallow any sea water. After a short time of struggling, and too exhausted to continue, I let myself be taken by the ocean. As I sunk slowly to the ocean floor, I felt very calm and was not swallowing water like I thought I would. There was no panic or pain, just a peaceful feeling of warmth and love. To my surprise, I could see and even breathe underwater. A strange but beautiful light suddenly engulfed me. The light was so bright and beautiful, it did not blind my eyes. I could look directly into the light without squinting.



This is just a picture and not real. I want to show you how it looks like.





I could heard music, which sounded like angels singing and felt the presence of people around me. Whispering, but could not see them. I thought to myself, am I dead? Is this the way you feel when you die? I had no comprehension about time or how long I was in this state of mind. I felt safe and protected in a place that I knew nothing about. I was only fifteen years old and had no experience about life, but this is where I wanted to be. The peaceful presence of my well-being was so euphoric, a feeling I have never felt since. When the current swept me away from the beach, I estimated being at least 100 plus feet from the shoreline. Then, without warning, a large wave tossed my limp body onto the shore, landing on my stomach which forced volumes of water out of my lungs.

I gasped for air all the while spitting out ocean water. I don't know how long I was underwater drowning to the time I was tossed back onto the beach. The abrupt landing on the beach had slowly brought me back to reality. Upon realizing what just happened, I slowly regained my senses and made my way above the waterline. I was just a young kid with hardly any experience in life, however, when I regarded my senses, I was very dissapointed. I knew. I wanted to go back to where I was. The beach was still very deserted, with the sunset closing out the day. It was not in my destiny to die that day. After recovering from my ordeal, I trudged my way back to my family's camp which was in the bush, and out of sight from where I almost drowned. My father was very worry and my mother was crying since I was missing from them. But, praise to God. I still alive today :)

Even today, it amazes me, as to how I got back to the beach when I was so far out in the ocean. Maybe I got some help from my guardian angel who knows for sure. This is because I believe that whenever we go, there's always someone that look after :) This is my true experience and it is still haunted me until now and that's why I have a phobia to go to the sea. Okay, that's all about my experience. Thanks for reading sir :)



No comments:

Post a Comment